Sunday, December 5, 2010
Holiday Shopping
So now that it is the holiday shopping, there are sales everywhere. Stores send you emails and letters in the mail. You see commercials on TV and even hear them on the radio. For shopping addicts like me, sometimes it is hard to ignore these messages. I went to the mall the other day with my friends Rob and Justin with the only intentions of helping Rob find Christmas presents for his Mom, Sister and Girlfriend. We walked to the mall to go to specific stores, only because Rob does not like to shop. I saw a sign outside of Express saying that there was a sale. I walk in because we could get a present for Rob's Girlfriend there, however I somehow manage to walk over to the men's side. I realize that I need to get my boyfriend a birthday and christmas present so I buy both gifts at the store. I got the items on sale and I even got my younger brother a present too. I rationalized that because the items were on sale, it was ok to buy them. I am on the Express email list, so I already knew that they were having a sale. I am proud of myself because I set a budget for myself on how much I will spend on people and I stuck to the budget, well for now. I have decided to to do my best and even if I know someone will love something, if I say that I am done shopping for them, than I will not buy them another gift until their birthday. This will be hard for me because I love to shop, but I know that I can stick to goals that I set for myself, no matter how hard they are to accomplish. Here's a video on more tips for holiday shopping.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment